Our association, « Sentinels of Peace – A stone laid is not thrown », is an artistic and citizen movement for peace. If, as already indicated, we initially propose a land art approach, which consists of building stone columns in (fragile) balance, this approach is extended by all the educational and artistic commitments that contribute to this message. The association is at the initiative of a travelling exhibition (the list of places is on the following page) bringing together « Artists for Peace » who have each produced a work on the theme of Peace. These artists are joined by artists from all disciplines who take part in the exhibitions and other events of the « Sentinels of Peace ». This travelling exhibition brought together 84 visual artists from 7 different countries and 18 musicians, singers, storytellers and dancers.
The "Artists for Peace exhibit".
Each artist comes with his or her own world and, despite this diversity, together a stone for peace has been laid! This is how the exhibition « Artists for Peace » came into being. Talent, generosity and conviction bring them together in this travelling exhibition. They bring an alternative, a pacifist struggle, a message of peace: art as a mediation to put down drops of poetry and express values.
The Artists' Road for Peace
- Stop n° 1: September 2014 – 26 artists at Gallery 17 in Cahors (Lot – France)
- Stop n° 2: November 2014 – 27 artists at the Médiathèque Intercommunale in Labastide Saint-Pierre (Tarn-et-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 3: January 2015 – 42 artists at the Ancien Collège de Montauban (Tarn-et-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 4: February 2015 – 60 artists at the Negrepelisse Media Library (Tarn-et-Garonne France)
- Stop n° 5: March-April 2015 – more than 60 artists at the Centre Accueil et Tourisme de Pouzinies in Saint-Étienne de Tulmont (Tarn-et-Garonne France)
- Stop n° 6: May 2015 – 71 artists Salle de la Pyramide in Molières (Tarn-et-Garonne France)
- Stop n° 7: July 2015 – 77 artists at the Château de Gavaudun (Lot-et-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 8: 2016 – at the Ancien Presbytère de Najac (Aveyron – France)
- Stop n° 9: 2016 – at the Hôtel-Dieu de Toulouse (Haute-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 10: 2016 – at the Tour de Défense in Villemur sur Tarn (Haute-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 11: 2017 – at the Ancienne Tour de Garde in Villeneuve-sur-Lot (Lot-et-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 12: 2017 – at the Espace Point de Vue in Lauzerte (Tarn-et-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 13: 2018 – at the Château de la Vigne in Fronton (Haute-Garonne – France)
- Stop n° 14: 2018 – at the Villa Yiri Suma in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Our Association has organised hikes in several cities of the Occitania Region.
- Najac (Aveyron)
- Sainte-Alauzie (Lot)
- Bruniquel, Gandoulès-Montpezat de Quercy (Tarn et Garonne)
- Castelnau-de-Montmirail, Penne (Tarn)
Sentinel constructions were made every hike, in the spirit of Land Art, using stones found along the way. All the constructions are made « according to the spirit of the place and in the respect of Nature ».